Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's a good way to clean a helmet? I've read somewhere to submerge it in warm soapy water for a couple minutes. Is that how you guys/gals clean your's? I have an old agv gp-1 and the lining doesn't come out. I was just wondering about everyones cleaning methods. Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just spray some quick detailer spray and wipe it with a microfiber towel. Never really had to clean the insides of my rf1000. :D

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how old your only supposed to keep em for a couple years.
That's one thing I never knew. It's an 04 so about 4 years old. Is it because the foam and lining inside break down after a while? The reason I still have it is because I got it back when I first started getting into bikes and ended up never getting one. It was the best thing to buy first at the time. This year is really the most I've used it since buying it. Only wore it like 5 or 6 times before to mess around on a buddy's hurricane.

·
The Patient
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm sorry, I should have been more specific about my question. I was talking about the inside of the helmet. Like after you've sweat in it after a ride or two. How do you guys go about cleaning the lining?

·
Registered
88 Posts
remove what can be removed and take the shell with the rest into the shower and wash it with shampoo

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
Take the inside shell out, then take out the foam inside, wash with soapy water, Let dry, spray fabreeze all over it then dry and re assemble.

·
Who eats a motorcycle?
3,096 Posts
I started wearing a bandana under mine to absorm most of the sweat, much easier to clean that then to clean the helmet once a month!

·
Ride Hard
404 Posts
by far the best cleaner for the helmet is plexis....try it.. use with microfibre towel

·
Ride Hard
404 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts