Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
A lot of people wax the face shield with Honda Polish, or Maxima SC-1 It seems to work for me....

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a nose guard on mine but it doesn't work in all conditions. I also do wax my shield and that helps more than anything else I've tried.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I use a spray so liquid would probably be better (although it may not matter really). If you wax the outside too you'll notice bugs and grime come off easier and rain beads off faster.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i clean mine with the orange rain-x windsheild washer fluid

i had it lying around and decided to try it it works better at keeping the rain off than regular rain-x for some reason

the inside still fogs though i just try to breathe down

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
most helmets have a latch that allows you to close it but leaves a little gap. That is for fogging. Also, keep your vents open on the front, they also allow airflow to prevent fogging

·
Registered
749 Posts
I use a spray so liquid would probably be better (although it may not matter really). If you wax the outside too you'll notice bugs and grime come off easier and rain beads off faster.
Spray on wax is the best. It is clear where as solid will leave spots in chipped areas....

·
Registered
313 Posts
yes i do! for a while i didnt have my car available, so rain or shine, i had to get to work...this friday its suppose to rain and i am taking the MSF 'experienced' course.:werd
ok -ima get some liquid/spray on wax :YEA
My class was Fri-Sat-Sun, Friday was nice for the classroom...Sat. was clear and nice...Sunday of my class it rained ALL day from the moment I got there till I left. It was not fun but its over now, I didn't melt and I have my license. It did take over a week for my boots to dry though. :YEA

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’ve heard good things about the pinlock systems, but I don’t have any personal experience with them. I’ve been thinking about getting it for my helmet though.

·
GONE RIDING ONCE AGAIN
398 Posts
might sound odd but the best think i have found that really works is shaving cream..

my dad and i were out hunting 1 year and he got some shaving cream on the inside window of the jeep. he then wiped it off the next moring all the widows were foged but not were there shaving cream was at ..

i use it on my sheild of my arai and works great :)

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
I have a nose guard on mine but it doesn't work in all conditions. I also do wax my shield and that helps more than anything else I've tried.
This is interesting. You have no breather gueard but you know they don't work in all conditions. Uhm, Ok. By the way, they have breather guards that work in "All" conditions. They work the same way as fighter pilot's breathers do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I use a Foggy Respro breathguard and it works great.
I also have anti fog stuff for my paintball mask I'm tempted to try on my visor...
It works well enough during games on my paintball mask.

·
Registered
646 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts