Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help deciding on a low priced helmet. My final two choices are the AGV V-Flyer and the Scorpion EXO 700. Below is a pic and some specs on both helms. Please help me decide if you can. Thanks in advance.

AGV V-Flyer

# V-Flyer helmet features a top-vent system
# SSL construction uses carbon Kevlar fiber stratification and core-system technology for strength and light weight
# Two shell sizes for improved fit
# Aggressively styled helmet designed for racing
# Unique, aerodynamic shell made with unidirectional, advanced composite fibers
# Comfortable, fully removable interior padding
# Clear, 100% UV-resistant, anti-scratch and anti-fog face shield features quick-release removal system
# Adjustable rear vents for true in-helmet airflow
# Double D-Ring strap retention system
# DOT and BSI 6658 Type A (British Standards Institution) certified

Scorpion EXO 700

# Fiberglass/Kevlar Matrix Shell: Quiet, aero-tuned design for wind-tunnel tested comfort.
EPS-lined chin bar for additional protection.
# SpeedShift quick-change shield system (patent pending): Easy, secure tool-less faceshield
changes in ten seconds or less.
# EverClear no-fog faceshield: Optically-correct shield with state-of-the art fog-free
technology and anti-scratch hardened coating.
# KwikWick moisture-wicking helmet liner and cheek pads: Breathable, easily removable and washable.
# Ventilation system: Adjustable, indexed front and rear vents with aero-tuned rear spoiler
reduce lift, create vacuum and maximize airflow through helmet.
# Breath-deflector: Enhanced fog-free performance.
# Custom liner and cheek pad kits: Available in hot colors and wild patterns.
# Meets and exceeds Snell and DOT standards.

Thanks Again
-Maulrat

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
have you tried on both helmets, they may fit differently which may affect you decision.

·
Jonesing for track
442 Posts
Scorpions are pretty good helmets and definitely a great deal. Me and a few riding buddies wear Scorpions. My only complaint is wind noise is kinda loud and when you turn your head at 100+ its a bi*ch.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well. I made a decision. I just ordered the Scorp EXO 700 Raider. Decent deal I think. Helm + blue mirror shield + under-chin skirt = $193 (shipping Free and no tax) Hopefully FedEX gets my helm here before the weekend. I hope my follow up post is a good one.
-Maulrat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts