Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I have short legs :(
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride with an hjc fossil right now...its brand new and size XS...am i the only one who thinks these hjc's look huge?
I mean it fits me fine..but it looks enormous..i feel like a bobble head for real.
Can anyone answer this..maybe point me in the direction of something that will protect better..look better and not over 400 dollars?
Probably off topic...sorry.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have an HJC I bought in 05' (CL15 I think?) and it is huge compared to my Scorpion and Shoei helmets. I would really recommend a Scorpion if you don't want to shell out 400+ for a Shoei.

The scorpion I have is an exo-400 (it was 139 I think) and it kicked the HJC's ass! I've moved on to a Shoei X-11, but for the price, the Scorpion is the way to go. Seriously, check 'em out.

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help brotha.

·
Shazzam!
256 Posts
Helmets usually only have 2 or 3 shell sizes to reduce production costs, so you XS may be an S or M shell with more padding inside.

·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine just bothers me because i noticed it..and i noticed other hjc's look huge....maybe its just me. Im 5'6" 135lbs...i cant be ridin bobble...and its no because of my size that the helmet looks bigger..its actually the helmet..i wore a friends Icon domain2 the other day and it was a medium...looks 2x's smaller than mine..

As i recall my off road hjc was pretty large too...

·
Has Gold & A Pager
287 Posts
It's because of what the other guy said HJC and the cheaper helmets normally only have 2 shell sizes so they just basically change the padding to make it smaller. All I can say is I have a x11 and it kills any other helmet I've owned, but the RF1000 is only like $450 so if your looking around 400 then I would just go for that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.