Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I want to say this is by far the best forum I have found, it has put the BMW forum I frequent in second place. I have asked 2 or 3 newbie questions and everyone always shares there opinion, anyway here is the 3rd.

I got my first <200cc bike and it's a 2000 R6, I rode it today for about 20-30 minutes and I loved every minute of it, the trickiest part so far is turning since it's a lot different then my old dirt bike.

Anyway I bought a Scorpion EXO400 helmet from New Enough, It's L which is supposed to be for heads 59-60(cm) in diameter. My head is 59cm, this thing is TIGHT. I had a huge headache after wearing it and even though it's brand new I don't think this should be happening. When I have the helmet on and I open and close my mouth I bight my cheeks, that's how tight it is. New Enough's return policy is great so I ordered a new one in size XL and if it fits better I will either return it for a gift card to buy a jacket or leave the smaller one for my girl.

Anyway, the main purpose of this thread was to see if this is the way it's supposed to fit or am I right in assuming one size larger will be a better bet. I hope I dont have to deal with a headache every time I get off my nice bike.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
from brand to brand, the sizing differs.
just because you wear a LARGE in one brand doesn't necessarily mean it'll be the same in another brand.
wear the one your more comfortable in.

·
DallasKrew.com
1,761 Posts
it does vary from brand to brand and the only way to get it right is try them on and walk around the store for a little bit. I am a medium in a few and a large in a few others. Also welcome to the forum!

·
USC
552 Posts
welcome to the forum

yea ur helmet looks like its too tight....
ur helmet should fit nice and snug like a nice pillow being pressed to ur face.

if its tight then its good
but u dont want it to hurt at all.
ur head cannot be put into a vice grip every ride.

my helmet fits tight too..
but it dosent hurt
but for cheeks if ur like me
and have big ones
u can get smaller cheek pads
which i plan to do soon haha.

hope thsi helps and welcome :YEA

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
I've got a regular HJC for the time being until i order my Suomy in the coming months...It fits tight but definitely doesnt hurt, its a comfy tight. So if you're really uncomfortable wearing it id guess it to be too small. You did the right thing in ordering the XL, the L wasnt for you...Hopefully i can find a Suomy dealer around here so i can try one on, i wear a small for the HJC n dont wanna have the same thing happen!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Helmets are something you rreeaalllyy should go into a dealership and try on first. All helmets fit different, and not eveyrones head is shaped the same. i tried on two icon helmets, both the same size. one was comfortable while the other was horrible.

depends on the model..

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I guess I should have gone to a dealer, since I already bought through new enough I figured I would just try the next size up..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts