Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Go Heels! #1
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, this might be a little long but the read is deff worth it. this is a true story. this happened to me May 25th, which happens to be MY BIRTHDAY.

we had a cookout for my birthday and the girl wanted to go out on the bike so we headed out for some riding on some twisties, the sun was setting and i know a nice spot by the lake behind a old hotel that has a pier so we went there to watch the sunset. there were two dudes about my age fishing. we sat down on the bench on the pier. me and my girl and the guys were the only people there. well they pack up their stuff and leave, about a min later i told jamie i wanted to check on the bike, so i cover my keys that are hanging off my belt loop so they dont jingle, and walk up the hill, i round a bush at the top of the hill to see one of the guys with my 420dollar Icon Mechanica lid(chrome one) in his hand with my gloves running as fast as he can to his car which has the door open and the engine running. he saw me coming and continued twoards his car. i did the same running at full speed of course, i guess he thought i was gonna get to the car before he did so he stopped and threw the helmet at me. i caught it, put it down, and tryed to run to the back of the car to get the plate as he was throwing it in reverse and speeding away with the lights off. i only got the first 3 of the tag, so i put my phone back in my pocket and started walkin to get my girl. HERES WHERE IT GETS GOOD. there are a few turns to get out of the parkin lot behind the hotel, he hung the first turn and got out of my sight, then i hear tires squealing and a crash. so i called 911, walked up to the car. HE WRECKED AND TOTALED HIS 2005 BMW 3 SERIES. all the airbags blew. they both bailed on the car. K9 unit came out, tracked them through the woods and now he's being charged with attempted grand larceny, which is a felony and wreckless driving. he's in the army so he's screwed on that end as well. karma came around pretty quick on that one. ohh my helmets fine, no damage, got my gloves back too.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Stupid thieves.Wish they could all end this way.He can buy alot of helmets with that wrecked beemer!:nocontrol:dunce::D

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
crazy story man, my friend had his RX7 corsair lid stolen off his RC51 that was parked in a commuter lot.
i think u got robbed before that tho when u payed 420 bucks for an Icon helmet.....

·
FTW
83 Posts
Comon... the dude was fishing... he was probably drunk and incoherent...

You know how those fishermen like to even the playing field... lol

Seriously though, quite a funny story... glad to hear you got your stuff back in good shape and karma paid off real quick.

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
HAHAH he certainly got what he deserved!!! this is definetly a roflcopter on loller skates story!:lmao

·
I like ice cream!
1,350 Posts
Nice story man, glad your helmet's not scratched up. I hate thieves.

·
Dragging Knee
1,604 Posts
Glad they caught the guy.

Always remember to secure your helmet anytime you leave it on your bike because that is $500 sitting there for anyone to grab while walking by.

·
What about what?
6,755 Posts
Glad to hear you got your helmet back in good shape. Guy wrecks his car trying to steal a $400 helmet, genius at work right there.

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
I must say this is the reason I never leave my gear on the bike locked or otherwise. I hate thieves!!! Oh but I'm so elated to hear of the out come. It made my heart smile!

·
T-1 is my Hero
0 Posts
That's why I take my helmet with me whenever I dismount.
I locked my first helmet to my bike via the passenger seat, came back maybe a half an hour later and all I had left was a little piece of strap and a D ring still attached to my bike. :nono

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
i only wanted to borrow your helmet to show my G/F what helmet i wanted:nono
:hehe

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So he boosted the bmw as well? Damn idiots.

Glad he got caught and glad he was in the army as well. He's royally screwed now. Bastards.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts