Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted to post up the weights for you guys. These are all sized large.

BTW not only the weight, but the HJC RPS 10 is beyond anything I imagined it would be. Not only in weight, but in comfort, ventilation, etc. I would say it's a top dog, but at a much better price. It will be my next helmet for sure. If you haven't been an HJC fan you would be a moron to at least not give this helmet model of theirs a chance. If you guys want to know a bit more about the helmet let me know, but it's my next helmet not only because of weight, but price, features, comfort, etc. Also remember that only a few of these are Snell 2010 and the HJC is one of those. The Joe Rocket CF is not.

HJC RPS 10 ..............3lbs 4.7ounces
AGV GP Tech.............3lbs 12.3 ounces
Bell Star...................3lbs 7.8 ounces
Bell Vortex................3lbs 13.8 ounces
Shoei X12.................3lbs 11.7 ounces
Shoei RF1100............3lbs 9.8 ounces
Scorpion EXO 1000....3lbs 15.3 ounces
Scorpion EXO 900......4lbs 2.8 ounces
Joe Rocket CF............3lbs 5.3 ounces
Scorpion EXO 700......3lbs 11.1 ounces
Arai Corsair V.............3lbs 5.6 ounces

·
I can ban you
33,575 Posts
BTW not only the weight, but the HJC RPS 10 is beyond anything I imagined it would be. Not only in weight, but in comfort, ventilation, etc. I would say it's a top dog, but at a much better price. It will be my next helmet for sure. If you haven't been an HJC fan you would be a moron to at least not give this helmet model of theirs a chance. If you guys want to know a bit more about the helmet let me know, but it's my next helmet not only because of weight, but price, features, comfort, etc. Also remember that only a few of these are Snell 2010 and the HJC is one of those. The Joe Rocket CF is not.
I'll be a moron

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yah, I was shocked as ever. I've never considered owning an HJC, but after our rep brought one in and I test fitted it and weighed it I was in absolute shock. Not to mention all the other features that spies tested/recommended like a flatter visor for less distortion, etc. We got a few in today and I looked at them closer and this will for sure be my next lid. I was just in shock. Never expected the weights to show up like this. I was looking to show up our rep and grabbed all our high end helmets and was like "damn, i can't find anything of less weight :( ". Then I said "actually, get that helmet back out, i want to look at it closer" LOL.

I'll be a moron

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You'll be shocked at the quality of the actual helmet. I would say it competes with the very best out there at half the price. We keep the replica's in our store just to decorate lol, but I'll be getting one of these to wear also. I won't say what i'm wearing now, but I will say I paid a lot more then these go for to own what I currently wear.

·
^^ tallest Yamaha rider^^
6,296 Posts
The Shark RSR-2 is lighter :fact

i think it's 3lbs.

this is definitely my next lid though...as soon as i get paid :laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Sorry.....all I heard was Arai is the best helmet on the market....

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
If you haven't been an HJC fan you would be a moron to at least not give this helmet model of theirs a chance.
Just in case it gets ninja edited..... I really dont like being called a moron by people trying to sell me shit, Corey. I suggest you choose your words carefully in the future. How are your orders going to go..."Thanks for purchasing that $700 Arai, but you sir are a moron for not trying on the HJC. Thanks for your business, come back soon."

I stay out of most of this crap, but dude, really?

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nowhere did I clal anyone a moron. In fact I have an Arai lol How did you come ot that conclusion?

I like how I am a moron if I choose an arai over an HJC. Thanks for calling all of us who bought Arais, Shoeis, AGVs, etc morons Corey. I will be sure to remember that next time I am deciding who to make a purchase from. DICK.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Nowhere did I clal anyone a moron. In fact I have an Arai lol How did you come ot that conclusion?
Ahem.... re read your original post homie...

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOl are you kidding me? You can't find a way to test a helmet without buying it? People go to shops all the time to check out and test helmets. That's all I was saying. Go to a local store and check out at least. Talk about reading into things lol.

Just in case it gets ninja edited..... I really dont like being called a moron by people trying to sell me shit, Corey. I suggest you choose your words carefully in the future. How are your orders going to go..."Thanks for purchasing that $700 Arai, but you sir are a moron for not trying on the HJC. Thanks for your business, come back soon."

I stay out of most of this crap, but dude, really?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts