Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
fast like nascar
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know there is plenty of these, but Im ordering one within the next week, I have some items on ebay for some extra money. but anyways, Im really stuck on 2 helmets. The arai is around $530.00 and the Suomy is $420.00. both are very comfortable, both are light. but who has one, or both? is there any more input on the two?

I'm leaning defiantly leaning towards suomy, but is there anything that would the arai any better?

Arai

Suomy

·
MITICO
437 Posts
I tried on an Arai for the first time this weekend (wasn't that lid but an Edwards rep) and I loved the feel, ample space in the ear region and just fell in love with it overall, my .02

·
In Search Of...
91 Posts
I've had the Suomy, and I have the Arai now.

It's a B*TCH to change the visor on the Suomy, you've gotta remove the side plate every time.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I have several Arai's and one Suomy that rarely gets worn. I prefer the fit of the Arai, the Suomy is a nice helmet, but for me the Arai is better.

·
MY MV EATS MY R6
10,744 Posts
i had a arai matsudo last year nice helmet didnt have a problem with it and now i have a suomy and love it even more havent had to change the visor yet but i love the way it feels both are great helmets

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have Arai and love it. It really depends on how it feels on your head though. Have you tried them on before you buy from eBay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts