Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an '04 and wanted to lock my helmet to my bike while riding. Just trying to get some suggestions on what brands y'all are using.

Sometimes you just want to be seen.........you know!

Thanks!:nocontrol

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
so instead of wearing while you're riding, you want to have it on the side like a true squid? :)

i seriously hope i'm just misreading your post. if you're asking what i'm truly hoping you're asking, i'd like to know about them too... b/c while i'm NOT riding, i'd like a place to lock the helmet so i don't have to look like an idiot walking through the store's with a freakin' helmet under my arm. i do get some looks... but i'm married. i don't TRY to get em, anymore. ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but I usually use my head. If your gonna go through the trouble to bring it, use it. Do you need a coat rack for your jacket too?

All kidding aside, the only way I can think of to mount your helmet without scratching is to get a helmet strap with a d-link as an extension. With the extension take your helmet and tighten it down as much as you can on your rear seat. Then snap your back seat back on with the helmet. They make backpacks too that are made for helmets, but that may ruin your style if you want to be seen.... you know!

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
under your passenger seat, you will see a white hook on both sides (near the black strap).

That is the helmet holder, just hook the Dhooks to it, and secure the seat back down.

·
What!?!
94 Posts
I don't understand why you'de want to do that?
Maybe you could get some style points with your commander by hanging your flight helment off the side of your jet while you train!!! :lmao

·
Registered
998 Posts
under your passenger seat, you will see a white hook on both sides (near the black strap).

That is the helmet holder, just hook the Dhooks to it, and secure the seat back down.
Would you ride with it flopping around like that though? Beating on the tail?

·
'04 R6...Come get Some!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I always ride with my helmet but the weather is getting better so my wife and I are taking the bike to resturants and stuff and I'm not trying to be toting it around while chillin at the Olive Garden. I never knew about the white hooks under the passenger seat. I've seen them..never knew what they were for.

·
Vroooooooooooooom...
45 Posts
i need a place to put an extra helmet while riding (going to pick up the girl.. etc) i dont know if the older models have it, but the 07 has a strap on the backseat. If you tighten the helmet straps like you would on your head till they dont go anymore you can zip tie the strap of the helmet to the strap of the seat. Of course, you have to cut the zip tie when you get there haha. Luckily I keep a pack under my seat :).

·
Chi-Towns Finest
347 Posts
LextacySC
Re: Helmets Locks
Quote:
Would you ride with it flopping around like that though? Beating on the tail?
i personally wouldn't, but that is the answer to his question.

usually where ever i take the bike out, i clip the helmet on there so i dont have to lug it around.

·
Registered
250 Posts

I don't have those because I have the solo seat.
Anyone know how to hook it to one of those?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i want to bring this helmet lock idea back up. has anyone ever used the lock set that unlocks the rear seat, taken it apart, modified it to bolt up under your bike? I want to do that. it would be awesome to use your stock key to lock your helmet up when you get off your bike. or... when your ridding.

·
Registered
236 Posts
mine came with a little cord that hooks under the passenger seat loops through the ring on my helmet strap and hooks back under the seat and cal be locked down, the only way to get it off is with the key or a set of wire cutters, but mine is an '07 i dont know if yours has it.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
Where exactly do you hook the "strap" onto your helmet. I could never figure out how to use the stock helmet lock. I know it's probably obvious, but I'm an engineer, we can't figure the simple shit out, haha.

·
R6's Forever
335 Posts
Just a suggestion for some people. It may be a little more off the topic of securing the helmet to the bike but the point is still the same.

If you wear a back pack why not clip it to your backpack. I recently picked up the Ogio No Drag backpack and it has a helmet securing system that will clip the helmet to the bag, now I havent used this on my bike while riding yet as its winter but if anyone has done this maybe they could throw some input on here.

Heres a link to the website and the bag for any interested:

No Drag Backpack

·
Registered
236 Posts
there are three hooks on the strap. two of them are each connected to the third hook.

connect the individual hooks to the seat, then loop the third hook through the ring on the helmet strap and reconnect to the seat (a lot simpler that it sounds). Reattach the seat (which is locked to the bike) and ur done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
there are three hooks on the strap. two of them are each connected to the third hook.

connect the individual hooks to the seat, then loop the third hook through the ring on the helmet strap and reconnect to the seat (a lot simpler that it sounds). Reattach the seat (which is locked to the bike) and ur done.
how to pics?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts