Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2005 R6 and after a night of riding it didn’t want to start and showed code 11. so one night out ridding. i was headed home and decided to get on it one last time, i power wheelied and a quarter of the way up everything on the bike shut off except the lights, just the engine, slamming me down but the bike immediately came back on and not a issue until i got home, let it sit, and tried to crank it and it showed the code 11. code 11 shows cylinder identification sensor, so i order a new oem yamaha sensor, the code went away but the fuel pump wouldn’t come on, after turning the key on and off multiple time the fuel pump finally primed but the code 11 was back. i have since swapped the harness twice, replaced the stator and regulator, replaced starter relay, replaced crank sensor/pick up coil, and the relay assembly located on the left tail, i still have the same issue from the beginning. sometimes the engine light flashes when you turn the bike over, sometimes it doesn’t. the only thing i can think of now would be the ecu, but a new ecu is $800+ and i’d hate to pay that and it not be the problem, so is there away i can test if it is the ecu, is there anything else it could be that i’m missing? i think i covered everything but ask away if you have any questions, any help is appreciated at this point!

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
i have a 2005 R6 and after a night of riding it didn’t want to start and showed code 11. so one night out ridding. i was headed home and decided to get on it one last time, i power wheelied and a quarter of the way up everything on the bike shut off except the lights, just the engine, slamming me down but the bike immediately came back on and not a issue until i got home, let it sit, and tried to crank it and it showed the code 11. code 11 shows cylinder identification sensor, so i order a new oem yamaha sensor, the code went away but the fuel pump wouldn’t come on, after turning the key on and off multiple time the fuel pump finally primed but the code 11 was back. i have since swapped the harness twice, replaced the stator and regulator, replaced starter relay, replaced crank sensor/pick up coil, and the relay assembly located on the left tail, i still have the same issue from the beginning. sometimes the engine light flashes when you turn the bike over, sometimes it doesn’t. the only thing i can think of now would be the ecu, but a new ecu is $800+ and i’d hate to pay that and it not be the problem, so is there away i can test if it is the ecu, is there anything else it could be that i’m missing? i think i covered everything but ask away if you have any questions, any help is appreciated at this point!
It’s unlikely but one of the few things you didn’t check, the pickup rotor itself. It may be damaged ( highly unlikely ) or either the bolt holding it to the crank is backed out and making it mis align with the pickup sensor, or if you have to thick of a gasket on the timing cover it can mess up the sensors reading ( 2nd gen bikes at least since the sensor is attached to the timing cover not the case/block. What you’re describing to me sounds more like the kick stand safety switch acting up. But codes don’t lie it could just be more than one issue happening at the same time. Get back with any results. Ohm test the new pickup sensor just because. Make sure it’s in spec. Eliminate the kickstand safety switch for now to narrow down suspicion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts