Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm removing the abs from my 2018 yamaha r6. I,ve ordered a set of hel hoses for the bike. if im keeping the pump, do i literally just block off the pump and swap the lines over and job done or do i still need to get a abs delete sensor to fool the ecu?

cheers

Ben

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Does the dash have a light for the braking system? If so, any fault with the braking and wheel speed sensor systems will trigger that light.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
abs light will stay on. that's all. on any vehicle, car,truck motorcycle when the abs light is on the abs system is deactivated and you have normal brakes. I think it even stays on with the fuse pulled. you can try that out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
ABS is garbage and pulled mine on 2020 R6, but for you to remove the claimed 3lb. ABS pump u must run the delete plug. It’s $200 or close to it and allows ur quick shifter, Traction Control and speedometer to still work.

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,422 Posts
As far as leaving the pump plumbed in but using the delete thingy to disable it won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So i'm removing the abs from my 2018 yamaha r6. I,ve ordered a set of hel hoses for the bike. if im keeping the pump, do i literally just block off the pump and swap the lines over and job done or do i still need to get a abs delete sensor to fool the ecu?

cheers

Ben
Hi Ben,

Can you please keep me posted on this? I'm also looking to delete the ABS on my 2018 R6, but am unsure on whether I need to buy something like the FTECU ABS plug to keep the electronics happy?

Also, are the HEL braided lines the most easily available and best quality brand in Australia? I'm not having much luck at finding any other brands besides Venhill?

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Ben,

Can you please keep me posted on this? I'm also looking to delete the ABS on my 2018 R6, but am unsure on whether I need to buy something like the FTECU ABS plug to keep the electronics happy?

Also, are the HEL braided lines the most easily available and best quality brand in Australia? I'm not having much luck at finding any other brands besides Venhill?

Cheers
I’m in United Arab Emirates I build race bikes and I never use other than hel performance never had a issue with it. Prices are super good banjos all titanium.
for the guys asking to keep the pump it would work.Just get bolts to close it properly.
if you got 200$ to spend get the FTECU abs delete plug you save some weight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m in United Arab Emirates I build race bikes and I never use other than hel performance never had a issue with it. Prices are super good banjos all titanium.
for the guys asking to keep the pump it would work.Just get bolts to close it properly.
if you got 200$ to spend get the FTECU abs delete plug you save some weight.
Hi Michael, i live in UAE as well and was hoping to get in touch with you regarding the same issue, is it possible to get the abs delete done without having to spend on the ftecu abs delete module and not disrupting other electronics on the bike? Please do get in touch with me over whatsapp on +971505972038. Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts