Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
police in my are is now busting our chops and giving tickets if your bike doesnt have the light over the license plate... mine doesnt b/c i've replaced stock fender w/aftermarket bracket :sing

if u do, what aftermarket lights for plate illumination do u use?

will apreciate brand, model, location to buy information a lot. :bow

thnx

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can get bolt lights that replace your tag bolts with led-headed bolts. Makes it easier than changing brackets. Check ebay, or look for companies that sell Lockhart Phillips products (as they make a few styles). Your dealer (if they're any good) should have catalogs you can look through (and then go home and order it online cheaper).

·
Love To Ride!!
620 Posts
You can get bolt lights that replace your tag bolts with led-headed bolts. Makes it easier than changing brackets. Check ebay, or look for companies that sell Lockhart Phillips products (as they make a few styles). Your dealer (if they're any good) should have catalogs you can look through (and then go home and order it online cheaper).

Would those light up the plate enough?

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do u think black or chrome would look better w/my blue R6S?

also i live in NY and we have white/blue plates

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a blue R6S, and I went with black.

.2c

Edit: I'd post a pic, but I bought it about 30 seconds after PEnGUiN188 posted that link. ;) If you can hold out a few days, I'll post up some when it comes in.

·
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sure i'll wait... thnx

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
damn i like that i went with the led bolts trying to find connectors that would go though the nut was a bitch (i wanted them to be easily taken off

·
Ride It Like It's Stolen!
1,171 Posts
police in my are is now busting our chops and giving tickets if your bike doesnt have the light over the license plate... mine doesnt b/c i've replaced stock fender w/aftermarket bracket :sing

if u do, what aftermarket lights for plate illumination do u use?

will apreciate brand, model, location to buy information a lot. :bow

thnx
I got these plate bolt lights from a friend who picked them up at cycle gear, $15 (i think). Super easy install. (Sorry don't know the brand)

·
Registered
113 Posts
FYI, got this email today regarding my order of that frame:

We have received your order from www.tobefast.com. This product(due to a production delay), has been placed on back order. These Situations are usually resolved within 4-7 days of the purchase. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We are currently working with the Manufacturer to get your order to you as soon as possible. Feel free to e-mail me with any further questions you may have.

Thanks,

Casey
McCoy Motorsports

·
Registered
749 Posts
George, what part of NY you in?

·
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
I'm To Sexy For My Raven
2,709 Posts
VFX makes a really great plate mount. It has 3 LED license plate lights that are very bright and do the job, the best part about there mount is that you can flip it if the need arises!!!

http://www.vfxkits.com/c283289p16787988.2.html

·
Registered
749 Posts
Im in Rochester/ Buffalo. Opposite side.

Here is my Under tail CF plate holder I make, and sell

1 - 20 of 29 Posts