Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you think is the "Max" i should Pay for it? there is only 1 left in the dealership around my area

I am in Nor cal

thanks

·
Got MD?
21 Posts
If you have the $ go for it,but I say I'm pretty sure
You can pick up the 2010 for that same price
Just my opinion.

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
based on listings i've seen in So Cali stores and online, i think that you should be able to pickup a brand new 2009 for about $8K or low $8K out-the-door, inclusive of everything... it depends on the color you want, of course too...

orange seems to be the least color in demand... raven and white/red seem to be the most in demand... blue is kinda neutral. either way you're going to need to do some research and/ or travel out of your area to pick it up. but, if u can save a few grand, why not?

check out www.cycletrader.com and do some calling around... also, go online and look up dealership info from yamaha's web site. register for more info from the specific dealerships listed there, and they will contact you...

for me, the most important thing is that i get a very fair or very good deal and not necessarily the very best deal that no one else can find. if u want the "very best deal," then u really have to be willing to draw the line and hold out a long time looking around everywhere etc. usually, the dealership u buy from will also be where u might take your first or second services to too. so, u may want to build a positive relationship with them. just don't let them take advantage of you.

i'm also looking at picking up a new 09 in blue before summer... am getting ency just thinking about it already... :)

·
I <3 Orange Chicken
699 Posts
hehehehe... i've been doing my shopping homework, yes... :)

speaking of which, did u raise up your adrianna yet mike?

·
Waiting for remission...
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Went to my local dealer today bc I got a gift card for Xmas. Took a look at the bikes, they had two '09 6's marked down to $7100. So i'd say $9.5 is waay too steep.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I thought you had an adjustable one?
Not me, I shaved my original one when I lowered it.

9.5k does sound like a lot for an 09 (that's 2 years old for those who don't know). Usually can get a newer model 10 or 11 for 10 - 11k here.

·
Live to ride,Ride to live
91 Posts
Bought my 09 in August brand new with 0 miles. I think I paid around $8400 and some change.

·
My R6 doesn't exist
1,674 Posts
east bay motorsports in hayward has like 4 left over 09's and pretty cheap. theyre trying to get rid of em but cant seem too. i think they have 2 black/gold ones one orange and one white.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts