Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday I cleaned my bike, normal wash as I always do, nothing different, and took some pictures, like we all do. But, then I went to start my bike and noticed I had a check engine light on, so I went into diag mode and looked up what error code 19 was.
19 - Open circuit is detected in the input lead from the sidestand switch to the ECU.
I sort of understand that one, but sort of don't. I wouldn't exactly know how to track down the problem. I've heard it could be a fried ECU but I'd rule that out honestly, bike functions normal. minus start up, it will start to crank but wont turn over cause of the particular code. So I had enough time with the day light and went back into diag mode, and saw that D20 says off instead of ON, only other change I saw. I'm normally pretty good about these things, but as always electrical blows my mind. I'LL TAKE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET PLEASE.

·
Registered
380 Posts
so yesterday I cleaned my bike, normal wash as I always do, nothing different, and took some pictures, like we all do. But, then I went to start my bike and noticed I had a check engine light on, so I went into diag mode and looked up what error code 19 was.
19 - Open circuit is detected in the input lead from the sidestand switch to the ECU.
I sort of understand that one, but sort of don't. I wouldn't exactly know how to track down the problem. I've heard it could be a fried ECU but I'd rule that out honestly, bike functions normal. minus start up, it will start to crank but wont turn over cause of the particular code. So I had enough time with the day light and went back into diag mode, and saw that D20 says off instead of ON, only other change I saw. I'm normally pretty good about these things, but as always electrical blows my mind. I'LL TAKE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET PLEASE.

first thing you should do is check the connections at the sidestand switch, its just a little button that gets pushed in by the sidestand when you put it down to hold your bike up, so find that, and check connection, you can actually splice it onto itself and it will go away, thats what many of the track guys do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turned out to be a real simple fix, found out I had an open wire from my H.I.D headlights that was throwing the code. quick east solder. thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts