Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i pulled all my plastics off the bike to polish the frame. and as im polishing, i noticed that on the engine block where the bolt goes through the frame and into the block....the threads are broken off, how should this be fixed....is it possible for it to be welded back on, or do i need to just buy a new engine block. any help would be helpful.

below are some pics of it.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Take it to a shop that can tig weld it back on.Its aluminum & should be fixable.However you may have to take the bike apart or at least remove the engine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take it to a shop that can tig weld it back on.Its aluminum & should be fixable.However you may have to take the bike apart or at least remove the engine.
yeah thats, what i was thinking....i just don't know how safe the weld would be....guess i'll just take it up and see.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Aluminum cylinder heads & even alum blocks(cars) have been welded for years & keep working fine afterwards.With cylinder pressures & stresses from normal use & even racing applications the aluminum is just as(or even stronger) after the repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts