Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 07 r6 with a two brothers slip-on. i know it would be WAY louder if i took off the cat converter. my buddy said he could take the cat off and make me a mid pipe to run straight from the headers to the muffler. so my question is, "Is it bad for my bike in anyway to remove the cat." if there is anyone that knows alot about bikes and the mechanics, please help me out i plan to do this on wednesday. thanks guys!

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
its not necessarily a bad thing to remove the cat, it would be just like buying a mid-pipe. there are still the honeycombs in the header for some (i mean some) backpressure... i would think you would be ok to do so. anyone else on here against that opinion..??

·
This is not my ass
1,355 Posts
Full system exhausts don't have cat, my full Arka system is cat free, no problems and it probably lesses 10 lbs of that cat hanging on the bottom!

·
xHEAVENS WEAPONx
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not necessarily a bad thing to remove the cat, it would be just like buying a mid-pipe. there are still the honeycombs in the header for some (i mean some) backpressure... i would think you would be ok to do so. anyone else on here against that opinion..??
ok this may be a dumb question, but i have no idea what the honey combs are and exactly where they are, should i take them out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts