Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a 2008 R6 which seemed to layed down on a low speed corner. When doing some maintenance I noticed more damage and missing bolts and rivets than initially thought. I was wondering if yall has some recommendations for someplace that sold a bike specific fairing bolt & rivet kit. Was eventually going to change out the fairings as well, so I was just planning ahead. I’d rather not go to an oem page and pick out the things I’m missing and pay $5.50 for a single piece. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I just joined the forum and I’m new to the street bike thing so cut me some slack 😅

·
PeanutEOD on YouTube
158 Posts
OEM pieces are not as expensive as everyone thinks they are. Check with a Yamaha dealership first. They’re not gonna charge you for getting a price quote. If you don’t like the price, don’t buy from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn’t a Yamaha specific dealer near me, would any motorcycle/ Motorsport dealer work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay so I used the handy dealer locator from there website and found one close by. I could probably stop by and check in with them this weekend

·
PeanutEOD on YouTube
158 Posts
It’s worth looking into. OEM fasteners are actually high quality. Plus it makes the bike look better when it’s not cobbled together with 10 different types of bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help I really do appreciate it. Very new to all this stuff and being able to ask any question to some veteran riders out there sure makes everything easier.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went through this recently with an `09 R6. Fairings were held together with zip ties, ordered a bunch of screws/stays from bikebandit.com. For the plastic push rivets, buy a bulk pack, not off the fish, much cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts