Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it’s just not sitting flush, it closes and locks and serves its purpose, it just bothers me lol. any help or suggestions? i will post a picture

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
It latches so it can't just be something with the seal. Something must be bent and/or replaced with aftermarket. Mine has a slight lift after setting it down, but only latches if I press it down to flatten it out as I turn the key to the lock position.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Because this is a potential entry vector for debris as you open up for refuel, I'd say this is probably more than an annoyance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It latches so it can't just be something with the seal. Something must be bent and/or replaced with aftermarket. Mine has a slight lift after setting it down, but only latches if I press it down to flatten it out as I turn the key to the lock position.
thanks for the reply! can you recommend any aftermarket ones to buy?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I don't haven't had any experience with needing to replace those parts. But I have seen them online. May try https://mrcycles.com/ or Amazon.

Got curious...
...and the OEM cap assembly is more than a little pricey.

Amazon.com : r6 cap assembly
...those are much more reasonable in price but as you already know, sometimes we get what we pay for.

·
326 Posts
thanks for the reply! can you recommend any aftermarket ones to buy?
There's these:

Look like this on the bike:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts