Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from getting my bikes suspension set to my weight. Peter from computrack Boston pointed out my handle bars are off and favorite the left.
What can I do to align my handle bars with my forks and tire??
I was told the front end would have to be removed in order to align everything in the front.
Does anyone know a DIY way??
Thanks

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Be sure to take lots of photos from lots of angles during disassembly. That way you can refer back to them. Also make sure that cable and wire routing and ties, match what's depicted in the service manual. That part is often neglected... screwed up... even by some pros.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I may half-ass do mine simply because it has a crap ton of miles on it and want to retorque things. If I find that any of the fastenres move during re-torque, I'll take it further and do it all right.

·
Registered
20k+ miles, ECU flash, blah, blah, blah...
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may half-ass do mine simply because it has a crap ton of miles on it and want to retorque things. If I find that any of the fastenres move during re-torque, I'll take it further and do it all right.
Ok thank u. I saw a few videos of loosening everything south of top clamp on triple tree, loosen stem bolt and push down on top of triple tree a few times. My bars are off a little bit (not by much) but I wanted to try it. Not sure if it helped. Definitely didn't make it worse.
I tried to turn handle bars while holding front tire with my legs and bars wouldn't turn freely. It kept going back to same spot. I hope my forks or clamps aren't bent. 🤞🤞

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Not that it's completely relevant to this problem but last time I had everything torn down, determined that my front axle was very slightly warped/bent by rolling it across the garage floor. Another axle I had on hand when rolled, was normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts