Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have been looking for a sport bike to add to my motorcycles and get into track days after next summer and found an 06 R6 Raven on Marketplace. He says that it runs great accept when the motor is hot it has idle issues unless you can ride about 1000ft then it idles perfectly after that. I will post a little what he says then ask my question after.

2006 R6 Raven Edition
Runs great…accept
Has an issue with hot starts. If its dead cold, it starts just fine. If you shut it off after riding and try to start it again it will stall out immediately
That being said, if you start it and ride about 1000 feet it runs and idles just fine afterwards the entire time, you’re riding it. No warning or check engine lights

He wants 3000 for it and it has 14000 miles is this a good buy and an easy fix or is this a pass and let someone else deal with it and keep searching?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there,

That´s a tricky one.. i dont even know if i should answer it, im not the best person to answer it ,that´s for sure, but..

(i got no ideia of US prices)

I´ve seen that couple times on this forum, but it never seems to be a result of ONE thing, or atleast, allways the "same" thing.. if that makes sense (my poor english)

Could be vac , out of spec stuff , valves , compression test?.. there are many variables ..

Do you feel confortable to open the engine and check valves? and other stuff required? or would you take her to a shop? if you need shop, just skip.

I dont feel confortable with buying some1 esles problems.. but i understand that it can go both ways , either good or bad..

Maintence is key..

Was that bike maintened any good? history? previous owners? billls? etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Thank you for the reply and the response with detailed of what could be bad and how to fix it and if I need a shop to just pass. I do not feel comfortable opening the engine to check the valves. And that is all his information on his ad and I was just getting advice on here before I even asked him anymore information.

Thanks for the detailed post!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts