Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my left fairing off my bike cause its going to be replaced because it's all rashed up, however while it's off i figured i would mock up my flush mounts so i knew what i was looking at before the real install came and i have a few questions...

In the first picture, what are the blue and white accessories and how are they used?

In this second picture, I've only been able to get the LED to sit that flush, which to me, considering they are "flush mounts" doesnt seem to be to flush, ive pressed them in as far as i could and wiggled em around and that is the best ive got any tips?

In the third picture this is the rear of the fairing ... how exactly does the bolt and nut come into play? it seems like the flush mount is just sitting there, how do i mount it?

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the back of the box it says they are designed to work on:

YZF R1 02-03
YZF R1 04-06
YZF R1 07-08

YZF R6S 03-07
YZF R6 06-07

Mines an 07

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
the white things are used as washers...they go on before the nut. the blue pieces i just threw away. i don't know why yours didn't fit well. mine did.

·
Mmm Hmmm
104 Posts
Wierd they didnt fit, had some on my r1 and they went right on. Definatley dont use the blue things, they are supposed to be used to splice into the wires. The washers go between the nut and fairing.

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well when looking at the flushmounts they are labled "L" and "R"

however i assume that the left fairing is LEFT when sitting on the bike NOT looking at it

BUT, using that reasoning, the "L" flushmount doesnt even come close to fitting on the left fairing while sitting on the bike, the "R" fits like that.

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also by putting the "L" flush mount into what i "think" is the left fairing, the hotbodies logo on the flushmount is upside down.

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

found that pic and apparently those dont sit perfect flush either but mine are still no where near as flush as the ones in that pic.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Just checked mine. The hotbodies logo is on the top of the signal and is right side up. Also, it does stick out a little bit almost exactly as in your second picture. I tried both sides and the definitely only fit in on their respective sides

Also, don't use the blue wiring things. I recommend cutting the pigtail off of your stock signals and wiring that onto the flushmount. That way you can just unclip the connector if you take your fairings off

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
how thick is the back peice on yours could you shave it away if you cut through the fairing backing could you get them to sit flush the epoxy them in???

i'm with you they should sit flush i'd modify shit till they did

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey nitro thanks for the visual, if i trimmed it i think i could get it to fit however i was hoping i wouldnt have to modify my fairing to make it sit flush, i guess i could practice on my shitted fairing.

·
oh snap i did that?
133 Posts
i have these flushmounts mine is sitting the same way u have urs (not totally flush) n the lateral vision on it is barely noticable thinkin of swapping these bad boys out IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have these flushmounts on my '07 and mine aren't exactly flush either. Not a big deal. My 'L' & 'R' signals were backwards also. Pretty dumb. They stick out alot more if you try follow the letters.

The plastic washers work but not very well. The inner holes are almost as big as the nut. I'd go to home depot and get some better metal washers to keep it secure.

I used the quick splice clips with the main wires and they were easy enough to use. cj360 makes a good point though. If I had to do it again I'd cut off the plugs from my old signals and splice the leds to those. It'll be a pain when I have to remove my lower plastics to do an oil change, etc...

·
Can't drag ****.
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no updates just yet, i just got my replacement fairing and i forgot to bid on a blue mid fairing which i am totally kicking myself in the ass for ... **** it was 60 bucks for a new 07 blue mid fairing! DAMMIT!

im waiting to for some other parts to put all this together and ill post pics, i dont think ill be modifying my fairing, but ill make a new post when i get all this done.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts