Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i got a hotbodies undertail and some flushmounts.

I took all the rivets off the undertail but there are to more rivet like things on the end of the undertail under the seat. hwo do you remove those?

Also, if naybody has this undertail or has seen one where does the license palte go??

Any help would be appreciated... Thanks in advanced..

Also , the wires do they unplug from the stock blinkers?

If anybody instructions for this and how to install the front flushmounts please help.....

Its a 2004
Thanks

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
sweet then i can help u. on the rivet on the bottom u are talkin bout u push the center button in with a small screwdriver or pick type tool, and then pull the undertail off. once underneath u can connect your wires to the hottail thing and then just put it back on. not sure about the license thing but i would think theres hole to put a plate holder back there in the stock location. oh ya and when u put the rivet back in to the bottom part pull them out of the tail and pull that center part out so when u put the rivet back in u can push the pin in and set it. if it doesnt make sense let me know and ill take some pics this week showin u what im talkin about.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I think I get it..... How taking off the stock fender are there plugs to disconnect the wires?

When I connect the new wires do I just splice them and connect them??

Thanks in advanced again.

hey you know much abou tinstalling exhausts?

I also got a new MIG highmount if you have any instructions on that it would be great... thanks

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
R6-R6 said:
Ok I think I get it..... How taking off the stock fender are there plugs to disconnect the wires?

When I connect the new wires do I just splice them and connect them??

Thanks in advanced again.

hey you know much abou tinstalling exhausts?

I also got a new MIG highmount if you have any instructions on that it would be great... thanks
as far as the mig goes im not sure how they go on the bike so im not much help there. but it shouldnt be a hard task to figure out. most slip on go on the same basic way so if you just look at the pieces and set them out on the floor as to how they go on the bike it should be a pretty straight forward thing. i not positive but i beleive it mounts in the stock location by a bracket that should come with it.(by stock location i mean in the mounting spot on the passenger peg)

and yes there are some connectors up in the tail section for the blinkers in the rear. you may have to cut them off to attach your blinkers you may not. i dont know what kind of blinkers you have so im sure you can figure it out. just make sure you test them before you do a final attachment, you dont want to get them switched or have the blinkers be the running light.

if u got anymore ?s just ask theres alot of guys here that know alot about these bikes. jason :cheers

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your help...

What do you do with the stock screws that were under the paassenger seat that held in the stock fender???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts