Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm tryting to wire these led strips to my headlights and i saw a tutorial to do these and wire to flushmount wires, but i want them to be on as running light and also as turn signals....i have a 2 of the 5 pin relays so now i need help to know how to wire which wire to what. Thanks in advance for the help

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
You would want to wire the coil pin of the relay to the turn signal wire. You would then wire the Audi-style LEDs to the normally closed (NC) pin on the relay. You would have to do this on each side.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would want to wire the coil pin of the relay to the turn signal wire. You would then wire the Audi-style LEDs to the normally closed (NC) pin on the relay. You would have to do this on each side.
huh??? haha sorry im not too good with wirings..

·
904 Posts
What are you confused about? Look at the packaging or the top of the relay.

The coil would be the squiggly line, one pin of the coil goes to the turn signal wire and the other side goes to ground.

The normally closed (NC) side of the relay would be the one the "switch" is pointed at in the drawing while the other side would be the normally open (NO) side. That is what you will wire your Audi-style LEDs to.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can someone translate that in a more simple way...like 85a pin goes to ______
86 pin goes to ______

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nvm guys i figure this out on my own, thanks anyways

·
904 Posts
The info I gave you should have been plenty. If you couldn't figure a simple relay out maybe you shouldn't be doing wiring on your bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts