Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 r6 and I need to replace a part. The part appears to be plastic and looks like it connects to a part of the frame maybe right in front of the gas tank. From the tank, it then runs under the dash. I assume it's meant to keep the nose from doing a lot of shaking since I have that now. I've been looking at "upper fairing stays" but I can't tell if it has the long piece I am looking for, and I can't even match the windshield bolt pattern with the ones I'm finding online. Would this part be called something other than the fairing stay, or should I look harder for other versions of it.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
RAM air covers?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is it the trim that covers the wiring?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It isn't the ram air cover ill include a few pics now, im almost certain its the "upper fairing stay" at this point, the problem I have is the ones for a 09 don't look like they match my bike.

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,315 Posts
You don't have a 2009 R6. You have a 2009 R6S. The fairing stay, or bracket, is the same as a 2003-2005. Moto Brackets makes one that fits very well, and can be found on eBay. They cost a bit more, but are better than the $50 ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts