Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Riding is a lifestyle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And now my engine is bogging like crazy. It seems like it is misfiring. In first gear it takes off good but in second at about 5 or 6k rpms it looses all power then comes back and lost and back, it just Boggs like crazy. Anybody have any suggestions. My bike is a 2000 R6, bought it used a few weeks ago. When I changed the plugs, the guy who had changed then before used the wrong plugs. It runs fine when it's idling. Any conments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
Have the order correct? Not sure how easy it is to mess it up, havent done it yet.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Be sure the coils are seated properly. it sounds as if you lost a coil. it can happen if you drop them or they are old.

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
Do you have them in there properly? Im not sure how much of a difference it makes how tight they are or not, but i'd go back and check to make sure its a snug fit and nothing looks ot of the ordinary

·
Riding is a lifestyle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure that I put the plugs in right, I removed one coil, changed the plug, and put the coil back, and the plug was hand tightened. I even tried changing them again but with the same results. I'm having my clubs mechanic work on it now and it should be ready tomorrow. Based on what he's saying, there is just a carburetor tuning problem. Thanks for everyones input.

·
129slayer.com
440 Posts
NOPE! same thing happened to me afew weeks ago, You've got a hose on your airbox kinked or Not on properly.
Mine was a tiny hose on the bottom left side of the airbox, Right near the 1st carb.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
NOPE! same thing happened to me afew weeks ago, You've got a hose on your airbox kinked or Not on properly.
Mine was a tiny hose on the bottom left side of the airbox, Right near the 1st carb.
this...

or it could be just like my 2003 r6, which would sputter a little, until i changed spark plugs, then it would sputter and bog very bad, and stall at almost every time i disengaged the clutch.
It was my coils, or to be more precise coil for cylinder #3. I replaced all 4 from a wrecked bike and all is good since.

·
Riding is a lifestyle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this...

or it could be just like my 2003 r6, which would sputter a little, until i changed spark plugs, then it would sputter and bog very bad, and stall at almost every time i disengaged the clutch.
It was my coils, or to be more precise coil for cylinder #3. I replaced all 4 from a wrecked bike and all is good since.
I think you both are right. When putting it together there was a hose on the right side of my airbox that was kinking and I couldn't get it unkinked before the dude picked it up. The other thing I have noticed with this bike is if I rev it high and drop the throttle fast or if I'm riding at a high rpm and disengage the clutch my engine will die. When I changed the plugs I noticed that one of the ignition coils has been replaced by a denso one, which gives off a better spark. So now I'm kinda thinking that that is the problem. I'm gonna try changing all of the coils and see if that fixes the problem

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think you both are right. When putting it together there was a hose on the right side of my airbox that was kinking and I couldn't get it unkinked before the dude picked it up. The other thing I have noticed with this bike is if I rev it high and drop the throttle fast or if I'm riding at a high rpm and disengage the clutch my engine will die. When I changed the plugs I noticed that one of the ignition coils has been replaced by a denso one, which gives off a better spark. So now I'm kinda thinking that that is the problem. I'm gonna try changing all of the coils and see if that fixes the problem
thats actually what you dont want, the DENSO's are stock and they had a tech bulletin about them, unless you have a denso from a gsxr or something. What you want are the mitsubishi coils
Either way you cant go wrong with a new or slightly used set, thats the route i went and bought them for <40$ from a wrecked bike.

·
Riding is a lifestyle
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats actually what you dont want, the DENSO's are stock and they had a tech bulletin about them, unless you have a denso from a gsxr or something. What you want are the mitsubishi coils
Either way you cant go wrong with a new or slightly used set, thats the route i went and bought them for <40$ from a wrecked bike.
Oh I didn't realize that! I thought that the denso was an upgrade that the previous owner tried to do. Well in that case I'm gonna replace all of those coils. I work in a bike shop so I'm gonna check today to see if I can order those Mitsubishi coils.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts