Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Few things come to mind:

1. Your budget. How much are you willing to spend?
2. Style. Do you like the 00 or 03+ R6's?
3. Mileage. Obviously, you're not going to find a 00 R6 new(nearly impossible). Do you mind getting a bike used?
4. Carbeurated (<--sp) vs. non-carbeurated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the 00 carbeurated?

·
Registered
487 Posts
03 was the first year to be fuel injected....

I have an 02 and love it, but i've never ridden a FI bike before..don't really know what the big difference would be

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
i say just grab your nuts and just say fook it, and get the '05 raven R6. if you cant swing that then get the '03. hopefully it was never down and doesnt have any problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i don't have enough to get a 05. I can def. afford either the 00 or the 03 i just didn't know if one had any advantages over the other..like the carbed v. FI. The 03 is a few pounds lighter right? Are there any other major differences between them? i think the pistons and connecting rods are a hair diff ini the 04, which gives it 4 more hp or something

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
If you can get a great deal on the 04's, i'd say go for them.
same thing goes for the USED 03's and as long as the bike
is good shape and no damages whatsoever

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i can prob. end up getting an 04...i don't really care if the flarings are perfect b/c i work at a autobody shop so i am going to repaint the bike some crazy color anyways....you all should throw out some ideas on the color...i was thinking maybe a cany blue but idk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have one more quick question...does one of the two models respond better to mods or are they about the same...parts are prob. more expensive for the 04 though

·
Registered
712 Posts
If it were me i'd go with a 04 if you can find any leftover ones...if not i'd go with the 03. To me i like the looks of the newer r6's than the older ones (but they both are sexy as hell). Also, i think FI might have a little more pop to it....all in all either one will be fun as hell and a good ride. Happy Hunting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts