Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
716 Posts
Few things come to mind:

1. Your budget. How much are you willing to spend?
2. Style. Do you like the 00 or 03+ R6's?
3. Mileage. Obviously, you're not going to find a 00 R6 new(nearly impossible). Do you mind getting a bike used?
4. Carbeurated (<--sp) vs. non-carbeurated. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the 00 carbeurated?

· Registered
473 Posts
03 was the first year to be fuel injected....

I have an 02 and love it, but i've never ridden a FI bike before..don't really know what the big difference would be

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i don't have enough to get a 05. I can def. afford either the 00 or the 03 i just didn't know if one had any advantages over the other..like the carbed v. FI. The 03 is a few pounds lighter right? Are there any other major differences between them? i think the pistons and connecting rods are a hair diff ini the 04, which gives it 4 more hp or something

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i can prob. end up getting an 04...i don't really care if the flarings are perfect b/c i work at a autobody shop so i am going to repaint the bike some crazy color anyways....you all should throw out some ideas on the color...i was thinking maybe a cany blue but idk

· Registered
701 Posts
If it were me i'd go with a 04 if you can find any leftover ones...if not i'd go with the 03. To me i like the looks of the newer r6's than the older ones (but they both are sexy as hell). Also, i think FI might have a little more pop to it....all in all either one will be fun as hell and a good ride. Happy Hunting!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.