Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so it is finals week and i made myself a goal a few weeks ago. My goal was if i made dean's list i would buy myself a suit. Fortunately, so far my finals are going amazing. *should be studying for my two anatomy exams i have tomorrow, but would rather shop...* Any way I have two ideas in mind. im looking to spend around 650-700 bucks. Currently i have the alpinestars jaws jacket and gaerne boots. I have two options... 1.) buy a set of alpinestar gp plus pants (400) and dainese carbon cover st full gauntlet (150) or alpinestar gp pro (240) ...2) buy the alpinestar motegi 1 piece suit and wait to get race gloves later on in the summer before my first track day.

If i decide to go the route and get the gloves and pants to zip to my current jacket am i still able to go to the track? most of my riding will be done on the street with the possibility of 1, maybe 2 track days?

pretty stumped on which to choose, im leaning more towards my first option...

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can do track days with a 2 piece. Ive been debating on selling on my alpinestars 2 piece suit. I bought it brand new wore it twice the pucks have a little wear. I paid 9 for it but ill sell it for 4 +shipping if you're interested. I forget the size but I'm 5 11 170lbs and it fits perfect. I thought I wanted a 2 piece but I'm in love with my sedici suit so its just going to hang in the closet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can do track days with a 2 piece. Ive been debating on selling on my alpinestars 2 piece suit. I bought it brand new wore it twice the pucks have a little wear. I paid 9 for it but ill sell it for 4 +shipping if you're interested. I forget the size but I'm 5 11 170lbs and it fits perfect. I thought I wanted a 2 piece but I'm in love with my sedici suit so its just going to hang in the closet.
Have any pictures? I'm 5 8 165lbs. Think it'd fit? I wear a 52 jacket in astars

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
One piece over a two piece, without question.

I laughed very hard at your statement of you're "just going to do one or two track days"

Yeah.

Right.

:lmao

Just wait 'till your first day, you're going to change your tune real quick, and you'll be glad you have a one piece.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One piece over a two piece, without question.

I laughed very hard at your statement of you're "just going to do one or two track days"

Yeah.

Right.

:lmao

Just wait 'till your first day, you're going to change your tune real quick, and you'll be glad you have a one piece.
I have no doubt I'll want todo more but I won't be able to afford more than that this summer. For sure in the long run I will be there a ton.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It'll fit. It might be a little long in the legs but you can put the shin guards on the top of your boots and you'll be good. Here's pics of when I first bought it. It hasn't been down just the knee pucks. I'll get you pics as soon as I get off work

I still have the plastic cover for it

It's comfortable and feels great on the track. It has full padding inside. Hard pads inside arms legs hips shoulders and soft padding in the back

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here is me in it. Your typical skinny white guy

·
wat?
722 Posts
I wear a 1pc on the track, but bought (and wear) a 2pc for street riding. If you're doing longer backroad rides, it's faaaaar nicer being able to unzip the jacket and take it off when you stop somewhere for lunch.

Plus if you have to stop and take a shit at some gas station bathroom, you'll be thankful for the 2pc.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
if i do more street then track then it'll be a 2pc. but at the track i rather wear a 1pc over a 2pc....

·
V-twins Rock
427 Posts
You should go with R6trackhero's offer. It sounds like if you buy his suit, you might have money left over for your gloves.

·
Registered
211 Posts
^^^^+1 lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts