Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
something out to ask for for my birthday! its in a few weeks and my family wants to know what i want for the bike (got them well trained :flex:).

looking for something in the 200-250 price range. i was thinking about picking up those vortex rearsets off ebay for 205, but somebody give me more ideas of stuff to look at before i rush into a purchase. i've already got full gear (suit, boots, gloves, back protector, 3 helmets)

so far i've done this to my 6...
got bar end mirrors
an undertail
megaphone
blacked out my windscreen (want a double bubble in red, but cant find a decent one anywhere)
flush mounts
frame sliders

suggest away :YEA

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you NEED rearsets? that's one costly appearance mod unless you need adjustability.

Do you ride track at all?
yeah i ride with NESBA, i also try to do a lot of mountain riding where having a bit more clearance might save my ass sooner than later

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
Ok, well then that changes the discussion. If someone wants to drop that kind of cash on rearsets just for the looks, then I'll try to disuade them. BUT, if you're a track guru and could benefit from the adjustability of the AM rearsets then go for it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Id say a 520 conversion.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, well then that changes the discussion. If someone wants to drop that kind of cash on rearsets just for the looks, then I'll try to disuade them. BUT, if you're a track guru and could benefit from the adjustability of the AM rearsets then go for it.
i wouldnt say guru at this point but i dabble... looking to get more into track riding next season once i've got a trailer to haul my ass up and down the east coast a couple times a month. riding to and from a track day blows...

thanks for the input!

·
Back in the saddle
335 Posts
6 months insurance / trackday

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Mid pipe...get that kitty cat out from under there....

·
R-E-S-P-E-C-K-T-T
2,872 Posts
PC or midpipe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts