Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so here is the deal. I went down about 5 weeks ago and finally able to walk and start to rebuild my bike. It's a 2007 r6s with roughly 15k on it. Problem 1 is that I couldn't get it to start after a brand new battery and starter relay. I was going to bump start it but noticed that in every gear the rear doesn't lock up and pushes freely. Please any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
I said biiiiiiiitch.....
528 Posts
There is a problem somewhere between the engine and the back wheel. Start with the simple obvious stuff.

Check the chain is on both sprockets and they are both spinning as expected with the back wheel.

Check clutch cable adjustment. Too tight could stop the clutch from properly engaging.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, you're going to have to start digging deeper. That might involve pulling apart the clutch to see what's up, or god forbid something in the transmission.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I checked the front sprocket and everything is intact as far as I can tell. I also loosened up the clutch cable a decent amount and still no change so looks like I'm going to have to open up the clutch cover and and get someone with a little more knowledge than myself to look at it lol I'm really hoping it's not trans issues but it did flip upside down when I wrecked so who knows. I will keep you posted. Thanks

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
: popcorn

Ridick - Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think it's shot? It was a low speed lay down on the left side but the bike did lay upside down until they moved it. Everything was working perfect before and the only damage was to the tank and scraped the stator. I'm lost cause I can't even get it to start.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have checked the tilt sensor, clutch switch, starter relay, battery, side stand switch just in case, starter is engaging now but stops after a microsecond. When the bike flipped oil was all in the air box so I'm thinking possible hydro lock. The shift fork is a great idea cause it did lay down on that side and break my peg. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK update. The motor was hydro locked from the oil coming through the air box. I pulled the plugs and released all the pressure, cleaned email everything up and put it back together. Smokes like a chimney for a bit but runs fine. Added problem though, when I rev the motor up my speedo starts reading about 15 mph. Does anyone have an idea what that might be? Rear end still won't lock when in gear and pushing either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts