Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting on some smaller turn signals and LED tag light on my fender eliminator. I need to know which wires are which back there.

I am going to use the stock clips and wire them onto the signals that way when I can afford the integrator, everything isn't rigged back there.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
Use a multimeter, should take about 5 seconds per wire to figure out.

OR

Download a service manual for your year bike and look at the wiring diagrams.

OR

Post what year your bike is so someone could maybe just tell you.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike is an '04. Sorry I forgot to put what year the bike is. I don't have a multimeter or else I would use one.

OR

You could have just posted a link to find those service manuals instead of being a dick. I guess its the whole anonimity thing isn't it.

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I have on '04 and just did this last thursday. The green on the aftermarket signal connects to the black on the bike. The black wire and a brownish with green stripes is the right blinker...I think, it's hard to remember now. They got the book out for me at the dealership and walked me through it. Basically the green wire from the blinker is hot and the black is the ground. The black wire on your bike is the hot and the other, either brownish or greenish is the ground. I had to snip and strip them but there is plenty of wire with the signals. Just make sure you tape the ends tight so that they fit between the back of the trunk and the small amount of space to the brake light. It was actually easier than putting the damn fender eliminator on. God, I thought I needed a rocket science degree from MIT. This was the case for me, I don't know what color wires your aftermarkets have. But what was a given is that the black on the bike is hot. Just make sure you do hot to hot and such. :cheers

·
Registered
963 Posts
The two wires that go into bullet connectors are for the license plate light. Just pull them apart to disconnect them. You can sodder the two or strip and tape, etc. Or if you find another bullet connector, it'll slip back in. I couldn't find one, but the VFX fender eliminator had the right size bullet connector for the license plate light.

The ones that go into the gray and black plastic connectors are for the turn signals. I think black is left and gray is right, but I can't be sure. Just unplug on and turn the blinker on to see which one's which. To separate the two connectors, there's a small tab on the female side (the one that receives the other plastic connector). Pull up, and you should be able to disconnect the two. Before i got an integrator, I cut the wire on the other side of the black/gray connectors and used a hardware store connector to connect the stock wires with the aftermarket turn signal wires. Two for two. I didn't color coordinate. I just used one wire for one wire. It worked just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts