Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My headlight and the amber (red?) backlight on my gauge cluster are cutting off and when they do you can feel a "buzzing/clicking" in the relay box next to the front right headlight. It's also causing my turn signal and rear tail light / brake light fuse to break each time I turn the bike on.

It's a 2011 R6. Pictures are attached of a harness connection I found near the front that obviously doesn't look good. :eek:

I'm a beginner when it comes to all things electrical and curious if anyone can point me in the right direction on what could be causing this or what needs to be replaced?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after a few days of tracing wires on my bike I think I figured it out. There was a loose wire that was grounding near the right rearset :eek:. I also just hard wired that red wire together that was causing the burning inside the harness connector. Eventually I will buy a new wire harness connector.

I now have fully working electronics! :YEA

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am having similar problems and I'm probably just as electrically inclined as as you when it comes to this field. So before I jump in, do you have any pointers. for example, what all should I take off or take apart?

·
I ride my wife and her R6
101 Posts
They wire wasn't what was causing your plug to burn up. Corrosion is what causes that. If you want to prevent this in the future, check all of the plugs on your harness, clean them and put dielectric grease in all of the connections to prevent moisture buildup and further corrosion. If you guys do a little searching you will find the answers to these problems. Electrical problems more often than not stem from corrosion.

Look at the link below, I just went through this in another thread this morning. Good luck.

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327081

1 - 4 of 4 Posts