Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My R6 ate me
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the CFO has given me the go ahead to drop some $$$ into the bike.
it is a 2005 r6 stock except for a yosh slip-on not sure yet if i want to strip it and run track only or not so i want to keep all the necessary street going things def will not have any passengers so i can do with out the tail fairing and passenger pegs so that won't bring in much more but after all is said and done i thing ill end up with right around 3k to put into it what should i do with the money as i make the jump from novice to intermediate? have zero spares so bars and rear sets will be number one may get another set of wheels undecided there tho? what else should i consider?

·
Get Some..!
288 Posts
Stock suspension refreshed and valved /sprung for your weight. Front Braided lines, rear not necessary. A box with some spare levers, clip ons and rear sets etc., cost bugger all. Some fresh hypersport rubber in your favourite flavour and you are set to go. The more $$ you spend on seat time the further/faster you will go into intermediate...

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
it is a 2005 r6 stock except for a yosh slip-on not sure yet if i want to strip it and run track only or not so i want to keep all the necessary street going things def will not have any passengers so i can do with out the tail fairing and passenger pegs so that won't bring in much more but after all is said and done i thing ill end up with right around 3k to put into it what should i do with the money as i make the jump from novice to intermediate? have zero spares so bars and rear sets will be number one may get another set of wheels undecided there tho? what else should i consider?
I'm no expert... but I'm guessing if this is the goal your stock R6 should be fine, and you should spend the money on more track time :D

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I would wait until you're on your close to jumping from intermediate -> expert before you sink a bunch of money into suspension. Just make sure you've got fresh oil and decent settings for now.

Tires and track time will be the best bang-for-the-buck right now.

·
Hey...watch this
574 Posts
Tires and time would be your best investment now. Traxxion springs and valves would be next, quickly followed by something made by Penske.

·
IDGAF
1,748 Posts
Punctuation……:D

I kid I kid…..sounds like everyone has you lined out….
Congrats on the go ahead from the boss. That is not a battle easily won in my house. Have fun & stay safe.:cheers

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts