Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the new Plug and PLay Speedohealer and it's very simple to install except it has a single red power wire that needs to be spliced to anything that has 12V. I have no idea where to splice it to and am tired of my bike being on stands. :cuss Could someone please tell me where you spliced it to and if you have pics, that would be awesome! Thanks!! :cheers

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
I'm guessing you installed this pretty close to the ECU (i.e. under the seat)? Find the Blue wire with a Black tracer, this should be the switched (key on/off) for the ECU and tap into it (wire tap, solder, whatever your flavor is).

As always you should double check advice given to make sure you are on the correct wire. Do this by using a multimeter, pen light, or whatever and check the wire. It should be dead until you turn the key on, then stay on while the enging is running.

Good Luck

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
if its an 03-04, theres a brown plug on the left side under the tank with 2 black wires comin out both sides. im not positive but i think they are both 12v wires, i t may only be one so you would have to check, thats where me and redliner6 tapped into for our speedohealer power wires. if you need a pic PM RedlineR6 and ask him for it, he will be happy to give it to ya, i would have posted it but already deleted it :cheers

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I do believer i've seen you lurking around over at r6msgnet also. If you go into Modifications and search for SPeedohealer problems. I emailed the pic to Norbert (owner of SH) and he has posted the picture in that thread.

the wire Loki and i used is power wire for rear brake light black wire. In the picture I'm pointing to the brown harness that the wires go into...test which one is 12v switched, and tap into it.

Another thing you can do is use the license plate light wire. Alot of guys have done this since they don't use the wire for the light.....it could also be spliced into however.

If you dont have any luck finding that picture......PM me and I'll dig it up, also the picture i have shows the voltmeter tapped into the wire.....Norbert cut that part out of the picture when he posted it.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
yup i read the sort of the same thing. the dude norbert suggests to splice into the license plate light. i also have this speedohealer but its not the plug n play model.

and since i am suffering from that disease known to hit everyone when the weather is good enough for a ride(procrastinationitis) this item still sits in its original package in a box full of other goodies waiting to be installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts