Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been having an issue with my 08 r6 the last few days. When starting the bike up everything works properly and then when giving it gas with the throttle it hardly gives a response with rpm going slightly up then all the way back down a few times. After a minute or so of doing this it is good to go and after riding with not being able to go above 10-15 this issue goes away and it is normal riding and throttle response from there on out. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? Thanks for any advice

Edit more details: Purchased the r6 about a week ago and have only put about 100 miles on it or so. 2 days after purchase and after riding only a few times without this issue I performed a full synthetic oil change with filter (Amsoil 10-40 and yamaha filter) and it is possible the issues appeared after then but i am unsure if it is related

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Did you run diagnostic mode to check for codes?

·
"The Dude abides .. "
4,719 Posts
just looked at how to run diagnostic mode from the service manual. not too experienced. how would i disconnect the wire harness coupler from the fuel pump?
you raise the tank and disconnect the 2 plugs from the fuel pump.. but ya don't have to do that. You can run the diagnostic mode with em on there, it will just prime the fuel pump when you get to that test when running through them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
only showing fault code 30:
Latch up detected.
No normal signal is
received from the lean
angle sensor.
• The vehicle has overturned.
• Defective lean angle sensor.
• Malfunction in ECU.
• Improperly installed lean angle sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts