Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

A new R6 owner, with a bit of a problem........

Trying to get the rear seat off.......2000 r6 5EB

1) the key will turn.....but anti clockwise, maybe 45 degrees
2) have yanked the rear of the seat up, so the plastic latch is free from the metal bar, however, there seems to be a latch under the other end, which is not allowing the seat to release......

I've taken the main seat off, checked the lock barrel, wire is connected at that end, but unsure if correctly attached......but at the other end, I can feel the barrel at the wires end is not connected to anything (I can feel with my fingertip, but I maybe incorrect).

I have pulled the cable hard and tried moving the seat, but it is still attached at the centre front........any ideas?????

Not too much sarcasm please, I'm fed up with this issue.......

·
passion 4 bikes
18 Posts
sounds like the cable is seized or has snapped if your turning the key and the latch is not opening.the only other way to get at it I think is to take the under tray off(above your back wheel)and see if you can get to the latch that way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Ollie!

I should have closed the thread, you are correct, the cable end had come off the latch under the seat.

I yanked the seat up, then got a spanner in to remove the seat latch, reattached, (and lubed the wire) and reassembled......it now works......but not convincingly!! I've just put some spare earplugs and a bungee net there (nothing important!).

Thanks for the response!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts