Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this morning, I was thinking that I should go get a spare key cut for my bike since I only got one key when I bough the bike. Well, a little while ago I accidently locked my key inside the trunk while I was putting something in there. Is there a way I can get inside the compartment without having that key???

·
Registered
190 Posts
We could try the jaws of life off my Fire Engine!

·
Registered
537 Posts
OCboy03R6 said:
take off the plastic underneith the tail and it should fall out i would think
This wont work, bolt heads for the undertail section is located in the compartment under the passsanger seat on the inside, that has to come off to take off rear section plastics, at least on the 03+

BE4TNUT

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
as a last resort, if you have to break anything, rear seats can be found on ebay fairly cheap....

and then, go get another key!!! (see the bottom of my sig :) )

·
Registered
83 Posts
bah that sucks dude....i did that on my honda cbr 250 RR......i stuck a screwdriver in the lock and ripped it out.....then went to the wreakers and got a new lock...

but that was a honda and can't do that to a yamaha just wouldn't be right :twisted:

·
Registered
537 Posts
As stated in a previous post, contact the dealer you bought it at (if you got it brand new) and they will have the key code on file and order a new set. Then you will have 2 extras. Thats what I would do, I wouldnt rip anything apart. Just wont be able to ride the 6 for a bit.

BE4TNUT

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
BassnTruck said:
have a bunch of friends with yamahas? Have then all come over and try it with their key. you might be suprised.
I would take this approach! I can open my friends truck (another 04 R6) but he can't open mine!!!! It's worth a shot.

Also if you live in Tx ya'll have a R6 cult going on down there (possible inbreading :hump ) so there has to be someone around that can get into your truck.... (that sounds do dirty :idhitit :hammer )

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
I think I have heard people say that they were able to pull the rear seat off without the use of a key and that they didn't break anything. I've never tried it, but I think I read it on another forum awhile back. Why don't you just go to the dealer like Hammy said and see if they have the code on file. I'd be pissed that they only gave me one key anyway.

Any updates on the curretn situation?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Buy the picks and open it yourself. You would be surprised how easy it is to pick a lock. After practicing, I could open the dead bolt in like 20 seconds. Just an option if you wanna learn something new.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts