Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i got a 02 r6 and i bought the healtech quickshifter i was wondering if some one could help me out to were i should connect the two green wires ill post a photo of the wiring diagram, has any one installed one on a gen 1 r6 ? Please and thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
That's an unexpectedly simple install. Wire taps, damage OEM wires BTW.

Looks like #20 in the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Proper way is to solder. Try not to get the wire hotter than is necessary and secure the taped and soldered wire together with small zip-ties.
Offset your solder-taps in order to minimize chance of shorting.
The "silver bearing" solder (that I've only seen at Radio Shack) is leaps and bounds better than anything else that I've soldered with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear you Unfortunately iv tryed to solider before and its not my thing, tbh i might just get the whole thing installed for me iv looked up wiring diagrams for my model and year bth they havent helped me very much

·
Registered
26 Posts
@Ink mob vee if I was you, I would send it back to them get your money back and buy a Annitori QS ( Annitori ) everything is plug and play. I been using them for a while on my Gsxr, R6, and mt 07, no tune needed, no soldering needed, nothing crazy just plug and play.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Ink mob vee if I was you, I would send it back to them get your money back and buy a Annitori QS ( Annitori ) everything is plug and play. I been using them for a while on my Gsxr, R6, and mt 07, no tune needed, no soldering needed, nothing crazy just plug and play.
Healtechs are plug and play also except for carbrated bikes brother, my bike is an 02 so its carbrated there isn't anybother brand that really works for my bike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts