Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is a long shot but I need help. About a couple weeks ago whilst I was out on a ride my bike started having an issue. Basically between 3-5k rpm just as the throttle starts to kick in, if I’m sat behind traffic or trying to just cruise, my bike is very jerky/sluggish. It isn’t comfortable to ride because of this and doesn’t sound very happy. It idles completely fine and if I’m on the power (1/2-full throttle) it is also completely fine. It’s a 2013 R6 so fuel injection, I’ve looked in the air box / filter and it looks fine but am replacing regardless in a few days. Will probably change the spark plugs too. Still not sure what the issue is if anyone can give me any ideas I’d greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
2008 Yellow Flame R6R
68 Posts
How many miles on the bike? What mods do you have? Have you owned the bike for awhile and it started happening? My bike is sluggish in that power band but of course I have a straight exhaust and no exup valve, heavily modified so lo end torque is non existent. You can tune some of it out but these bikes don’t have torque until past 10k. Maybe try spraying water on each header check for temp differences.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
t’s got 5900 miles on it. I’ve owned it for just over a year now and only had 1948 when I bought it. I’ve got a slip on exhaust on there with no exup valve but I’ve had that on there from pretty much a month after buying it and it’s only just started to do it over the past few weeks although I’m not riding it at the moment until I can get it seen to/sorted. It’s not that it has no torque low end it’s just if I try and sit the revs on about 3-5k then it’s very jumpy on the throttle even in neutral. Like as if I hold the throttle still on about 4k it will judder between 3/5k on its own without me moving the throttle.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Probably ignition miss. Checking spark plug gap and ignition coil testing may be warranted.

When they make changes like remove the AIS and swap exhaust parts, the bike has to be tuned to accommodate the changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts