Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my PCV installed and need a good map and someone to tell me how to install the map. i am not very good with computers! its an 07 r6v with leo slip-on, 05 header, bmc street, and block off plates. any help needed thanks!

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
I'd help but not gonna lie i don't know enough about it, i have a bazzaz Z-Fi and its so easy to make maps with their software but at least you aren't being completely ignored haha, sorry i've been useless

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats cool, thanks for stoppin by lol. i am going to mess with it some more after work tom i haven't loaded any map yet it got dark but i am just going to try one of the maps from the site and see how that works. i took it for a ride real quick, it pulled good until about 7,000 then felt like a slug until about 13,000 so i think i have a long road ahead lol

·
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
867 Posts
Yeah its hard to tell whether your map is perfect unless you have a wideband in the exhaust telling you your AF ratio on a dyno but, its better to be a little rich than lean. GSXCorey posted a whole thread about PCVs and bazzaz, i'm pretty sure all your questions would be answered in that thread, i don't have a link tho

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
heres what you do which im guessing is like my old PC3. Install the power commander program from the cd or download it from their website. look through their already made maps for the closest to what you have installed on your bike and download it. connect your pcv using the usb cable to your computer with the program already open. the program will recognize it and show the pcv serial number and show you if theres anything on there or what not. go to the file tab select import map file. look for it where ever you might have downloaded and saved it to and open it. now it will show you the changes that have been made and youll see numbers on all the columns now. save/update the new data to your pcv and your golden now go connect it to your bike and test it out if it doesnt feel right repeat the process until you find the best map for yourself. i would recommend getting an autotune from dynojet as every bike is different and itll give you the best map for your bike.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
another thing you gotta remember that even tho the pcv work on our bikes dynojet didnt do any research on the previous models just because they dont want to make the pc3 obsolete yet so go here

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=15&mdl=123&yr=2007

select your map

your gonna need to have the pc3 software installed as well open the map there copy all of it and input it into the pcv software manually as the pc3 map wont be opened on the pcv software

·
blah
305 Posts
another thing you gotta remember that even tho the pcv work on our bikes dynojet didnt do any research on the previous models just because they dont want to make the pc3 obsolete yet so go here

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_iii_usb.aspx?mk=15&mdl=123&yr=2007

select your map

your gonna need to have the pc3 software installed as well open the map there copy all of it and input it into the pcv software manually as the pc3 map wont be opened on the pcv software

Actually you don't have to do it manually...in the PCV software, under 'FILE', you have the 'Import PC3USB Map' option. So find a PC3 map best suited to what you have, save it, and then import it...still might have to tweak some of the numbers listed under the 'fuel' table for the area u live in.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
Actually you don't have to do it manually...in the PCV software, under 'FILE', you have the 'Import PC3USB Map' option. So find a PC3 map best suited to what you have, save it, and then import it...still might have to tweak some of the numbers listed under the 'fuel' table for the area u live in.
ok so im corrected lol never really messed with a pcv upgraded to bazzaz fro pc3 :toocool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts