Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been driving my 2007 R6 here and there for a month now and just the other day I started having some cutting out/sputtering issues. When I take off from a dead stop in first and through second gear from around 3/4k Rpms to around 6k Rpms in both first and second gear the bike seems to lose a very slight amount of power and it feels and sounds as if it's spitting and sputtering or cutting out ( kind of hard to explain).

Anyways once I get to 6k Rpms and beyond and in all gears above second it doesn't do it and it's fine. The bike doesn't give me the feeling it wants to die it just hesitates on me. Any input would be great. The oil is good I just had that changed. I noticed a very small exhaust leak near the front bottom of the bike I'm wondering if this could cause it?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to mention the guy I bought it from put an aftermarket mid pipe on it and a scorpion exhaust but no PC. Is the no PC just catching up to me now 14k miles later lol? Also I noticed it started doing it the same day I washed the bike and maybe i got something wet that I shouldn't have. So many things running through my mind!

·
....Casper....
720 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.