Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im new and i was thinking about getting an 08 R6 in a couple months. im about to start my advacned riding courses and when im done i want one. i have just one question though. does height matter? im about 6'2 180lbs. would i fit on one?

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Im the same size and I fit great on my bike. I think the ergonomics of the bike actually work better for larger people. Good luck on your class and keep us posted on your 6! Are you riding anything right now?

·
RU R6
1,206 Posts
Does the advance course provide the bikes?

I would just go to the dealer and sit on ALL the bikes....who knows, you might like something completely different.

·
Laugh. Love. Learn. Live.
657 Posts
i meant to say should i get a less powerful* bike as a first bike? and what do you guys do in the rain? still ride if its pouring?
If you've never ridden at all before, a less powerful bike is probably a good idea. As for the rain, I take the car... riding in the rain is:

A. Never fun.
B. Never safe.
C. Never dry.
D. Never safe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes you can take your own bike or you can use their bikes in the advance course. as for the rain, i was going to sell my 350z i saw no point in having a car and bike but i tihnk i should keep it now

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I'd NEVER have a bike as my only vehicle. Always make sure you've got a cage as a backup. You never know when you need to carry larger objects (or larger people) to places. And you never know when you need to go somewhere while it's raining.

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
i meant to say should i get a less powerful* bike as a first bike? and what do you guys do in the rain? still ride if its pouring?
I would get a little older bike like a 03 or so. That way when you get it and your excited about having your on bike if you drop it then you will not fill so bad about it. GL be safe and dont ride out of your limits.

·
My R6 eats yours!!!
369 Posts
O and post pics of that baby when you get it. :YEA

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought a less powerful biek for my first one and it sucked. I was sick of it after a couple months. I wanted a faster bike and I ended up losing my ass on the first one before I bought the 6. Go with the R6!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts