Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm building my 2006 50th Anniversary R6 into a track and race bike, but I have no baseline for values of the stock equipment i want to sell off. I'm not making this a BST thread in the track tech forum, but I figure y'all will know. I have literally every stock piece off the street bodywork up for sale and need to know how much the 50th anny stock fairings are worth, passenger rear sets, tank cap with key, tail lock with key, integrated tail light, headlights, and mirrors. Oh and the little third eye running light and flush mount turn signals and the passenger and driver seats. Can you guys help give me a friendly baseline on what I should expect to get for each piece and if anyone needs any of those, feel free to pm me an offer. Thanks guys. :bow

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a little concerned that this thread is in the wrong place, but I figured if anyone would know about selling off the stock gear, it'd be the track tech guys.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Sell the bike and buy an already prepped trackbike with the money. You can get approx $5,000 to $6,000 for that bike (pending quality/mileage) and buy a trackbike already set up with go fast parts, stop hard parts and bounce good parts.

I did the conversion. It was fun, but pricey. Even after doing all the labour myself, I'll never do it again.

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sell the bike and buy an already prepped trackbike with the money. You can get approx $5,000 to $6,000 for that bike (pending quality/mileage) and buy a trackbike already set up with go fast parts, stop hard parts and bounce good parts.

I did the conversion. It was fun, but pricey. Even after doing all the labour myself, I'll never do it again.
I had that thought too, but I've already bought race glass and taken the stock stuff off the R6 already. :/ If I hadn't I would honestly be considering flipping my CBR into the track bike since I know track riding on her.

·
Banned
1,451 Posts

You're on drugs..

·
Top Gun
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mk, so does anyone have helpful information on pricing out the stock stuff though? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts