Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
*noob*
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy I bought my R6 from had it lowered and gave me the stock dog bones. I really dont like it lowered so I want to put the stock ones back in. So, after reading a few posts on here I figured I could do it myself....then I came to a problem spot.

How the hell do I get the bolt out when the mount for the exhaust is in the way?? :confused::dunce:

This is on the kickstand side of the bike.

Also, once I get it back to stock height, will I need to adjust the chain?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
take the exhaust off.

·
*noob*
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were the bolts installed backwards by whoever installed them last?

There seems to be much more clearance if they were threaded through the other way?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
Take the rear exhaust bolts and can mount bolt loose. Put your foot on the exhaust and push down on it as you pull the bolts free. You'll have to do this to put the new ones in unless you swap the bolt head to the other side, and even then possibly.

·
Almost Football Season!
67 Posts
Yea a couple hangars of the exhaust need to come undone to get access to the bolts by pushing doenwards.. It's easier to wench the tail (i hung it on my ceiling beam in my garage) and lift the rear of the bike upwards it should give you enough play between the chain and swing arm.

But I see you got it. Make sure to tighten those bolts back snug w/the center spacers in place... It could be fatal if those links slip off!

Open end wrenches will get the job done if you got small hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts