Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to pull the stock vinyl graphics off of my 06 bike. I thought it was going to be straight forward process, until i noticed that the stickers on the tank have a thick clear coat applied to them.

How did you all remove the graphics without damaging the tank??? and the rest of the fairings?

Any help would be appreciated, im planning to do this tomorrow on my day off.

-J

·
My R6 shoots tequila
1,487 Posts
Not sure on the tank graphics, I have heard those dont come off. Most people cover them with a stomp grip. The best, and safest way to take graphics off the plastics is with a hairdryer. I tried just peeling them, and that wasnt happening. I used my girls hair dryer to warm them and they peeled off like butta!! Just go slow and you will have no issues.

·
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA
788 Posts
yeah your screwed man. You need to get your tank repainted or you could go the cheap way and cover them up with the new graphic I guess. I'm painting my tank though since I got an extra one just lying around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah your screwed man. You need to get your tank repainted or you could go the cheap way and cover them up with the new graphic I guess. I'm painting my tank though since I got an extra one just lying around.

damn that sucks! The bike would look so much cleaner without the graphics...i guess i should save this till i get my next set of fairings

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just get stomp grip. Problem solved.
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I unfortunately dont like the look of a side tank stomp grip :dunce:

Anyone have an idea of what a shop charges to paint all the fairings on a R6 with tank???

·
Just Burnin Time
2,219 Posts
Like stated, your best option...

Its beneficial and hides the decal. I wouldnt screw with factory paint unless you plan to do it all or else it will not bake in the same and most likely be different shades.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts