Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 00 R6 working last week. Rode it through 1st and 2nd gear with no problems (around the block). Put it away in the garage and today I pulled it out and it doesn't shift into 2nd. Then it got worse. Now when you shift to 1st, the engine dies. Not a smooth shift either. You can feel it clunk and the engine dies. Is it something with the clutch :?:

·
max speed
242 Posts
Doesn't sound very good. If it stalls the motor when you shift from nutral into first and the bike jumps then yes I think it is the clutch. You can adjust it at the lever or you may need to adjust it on the right side of the bike where it actuates the clutch directly. Check to see that the cable is not binding up anywhere or maybe it is getting seized in the line. From what your describing I'm pretty sure it is a clutch cable problem.

The only other thing I can think of is the kick stand sensor may not be working properly. I hope you didn't forget to put it up :dog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey the same thing is happening to my bike. I have a 99 r6 and had some electrical problems last year so I changed the whole wire harness. Got it from a 2000. Put everything back together, started right up. Soon as I put it into gear it dies out. I thought maybe it was some kind of kill switch. If anyone has suggestions let me know, I need to get riding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My problem was the shifter shaft lock nuts were loose and it went out of specs. While trying to fix it, I forgot the kickstand was down :hammer Check to make sure your kickstand isn't down. Also, check the sensor if it still kills the engine when you shift to gear. :drink

1 - 5 of 5 Posts