Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need some stands and i found these stands on craigslist in my area. im not sure if they are a good quality. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated. I emailed the guy and he said to call him so I can go look at them. Are they worth the price is the biggest question. I don't have much time to research im at work. Thanks

Motogp front and rear for $80 plus extra $12 for spool lifts.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/1939242321.html

sorry its been a long night at work

·
slow guy
4,389 Posts
generic stands like the harbor freight ones. Pony up the extra cash for pitbull or vortex spool stands. yes the cheapies work but they leave much to be desired.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say much to be desired what exactly do you mean? I'm just asking cause really don't know what the difference would be. I would love to get the pitbulls but its just not in my budget. Do you guys think these would bend or break with time? That's the one thing that's keeping me from getting them

·
Premium Member
30,431 Posts
bend, yes. plus once you try to torque that axle nut to 80 lbs you're going to get quite a bit of wobble. i yank on my front end ALL THE TIME with my PB triple stand, and it's actually more sturdy than my solid construction DMP rear spool stand.

and fwiw... slider spools are the way to go - and i honestly believe that on a part like that, they're all created equal.

·
slow guy
4,389 Posts
Agg speaks the truth here, I bought harbor freight stands, they are hokey. Spend a little more here and save elsewhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys I will give this one some more thought before I make up my mind. Thanks agg for that website I will check it out. Looks like I'm gonna have to save up, I really want to have these before winter when I store it so I still have time to save up some cash.

·
Premium Member
30,431 Posts
i've heard the mjmoto's are pieces of shite.

look for stands NOT bolted together. the DMP s-spec is not bad, but it's not pitbull. trex PICKED UP from the shop are solid construction, but the shipped ones are bolt together.

just take your time, and search local boards for used ones. check WERA too - maybe someone has a pitbull sponsor and is trying to sell a few for some cash. if you see a good deal on the pitbulls, jump on it immediately. b/c within 3 hours, they'll be gone. :fact

·
slow guy
4,389 Posts
i've heard the mjmoto's are pieces of shite.

look for stands NOT bolted together. the DMP s-spec is not bad, but it's not pitbull. trex PICKED UP from the shop are solid construction, but the shipped ones are bolt together.

just take your time, and search local boards for used ones. check WERA too - maybe someone has a pitbull sponsor and is trying to sell a few for some cash. if you see a good deal on the pitbulls, jump on it immediately. b/c within 3 hours, they'll be gone. :fact
Hmm good to know. So if a guy TIG'd the bolt together Trex stands they should be golden?

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
i've got harbot freight rear stand. got it for free cause it came with my bike. used it couple times, have had no problems. definitely going to upgrade to pitbull stands though. just waiting for that sweet deal on craigslist. cause i don't feel like dishing out 280 in stands when i have a rear stand already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.