Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Life on an apex
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have taken my side stand off but not yet tackled the electrics around it regarding the clutch lever engine cut off.

I have removed the small clutch loom to the connector just under the left hand side fairing.
And i have removed the cable from the side stand that runs up to the connector under the seat.

I have not had a chance to run it yet as i am preparing it for racing so there is no coolant(water) or Oil in it. However i am assuming i will need to reconnect some of the wires and join them together so the bike will run/move off in gear.

Hopefully someone has done this before :poke

2007 R6 btw :)

Thanks!

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,411 Posts
If you are planning to use the bike for track only, and don't need the side stand cut off, cut the connector off of the stand, leaving about an inch of the cable sticking out. Strip the two wires and twist them together then tape them up, or crimp a butt connector over the wires.

There really is no need to do anything with the clutch, unless you are using aftermarket levers that don't facilitate the feature, in which case, you need to twist those wires together, too. Then you always need to be mindful when you are trying to start the bike in gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts