Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was searching on some threads to see if anyone had a similar problem but none were 100% like mine. OK so from a stop I've been having to take off at about 3 rpm or so just so I won't die on me or take off real jumpy. Also on the highway alot of times almost in any gear that I'm in in wot it won't take off right away, the rpms won't go up or anything but will slowly start accelerating and after like 2 or 3 seconds will take off. It doesn't do it all the time though maybe like 2 times in a day. If I'm already in wot and speeding off ripping through gears in high rpms it won't do that, but if Im cruising at 75 in 6th gear and down shift to 3rd or 4th it'll start off sluggish. The bike in question is a 99 r6 and has 20k miles on it, not sure what kind of maintenance has been done on the bike besides oil change but was thinking of getting it checked out by a mechanic. I just don't want to show up and have him tell me that it's a whole lot of things wrong and charge me up the ass for some stuff that didn't need to get replaced. Eventually I'm going to do a major tune up but just need some advise on where to start and what to look out for if I go to a mechanic.

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Start with the easy/cheap stuff. Air filter, plugs, clean the carb. To me it sounds like carbs but I have no idea really. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Start with the easy/cheap stuff. Air filter, plugs, clean the carb. To me it sounds like carbs but I have no idea really. Hope this helps.
Yeah thanks alot man will be trying all these things first. New to motorcycles which is why I haven't already done that to begin with otherwise I would have changed all those things out as soon as I got the bike 2 months ago

1 - 4 of 4 Posts