Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had replaced the stator and the rectifier about 3 weeks ago. One of the connectors in the plug going from the stator to rectifier had burned out and i ended up pulling the burnt connector out and putting a new one in the plug and i just spliced the old plug on to the new stator and then plugged it back into the rectifier. I did that because the stator i ordered for some dumba** reason had the wrong plug on it. But none the less it got the bike running. And last week i was driving my bike and all of a sudden the lights on the gauges dimmed and eventually turned off the speedometer. Then it turned off the tach and i had to gauges no nothing. I just barley managed to get the bike home and of course it wouldnt start back up because the battery was dead. Well i assumed it must have been a bad battery that made the first stator go bad or the plug to turn out so i just got a new battery. Iv been riding it around for the past 2 days and now it just did the same thing. I for the life of me cannot figure it out. Could it be a lose connection? Maybe the new connector came lose in the plug? I have no idea. Please help!

The bike is a 2000 r6

1 - 1 of 1 Posts