Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys hope you can help

i have a titanium arata on my 2008 r6 and just got hold of a titanium akrapovic so fitted today, and now got a ticking noise comming from the headers whern started up

anyone come across anything like this?

cheers andy

·
Love livin to ride!
410 Posts
Sounds to me like you may not be totally sealed somewhere and it is leaking...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when its reved it goes away, i think ill get some new studs, bolt and gaskets and re install it, the akrapovic is wierd to how you fix the flanges then just push the headers into them and the springs hold the headers to the flanges, where the arata was like the standard exhuast with the flanges swaged on

·
Black & Yellow
473 Posts
Tighten the bolts where the headers go in. It's probably a bolt that was harder to get to and you thought you tightened it good, but really didn't.

·
Love livin to ride!
410 Posts
I have never seen the akra personally. I do understand what you mean and i would not like that at all!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have the same problem in my 08 with the Leo Vince. What im currently doing is that I sent out the flanges that go screwed on the head and they are fabricating 4 for me. My problem is that I bought the exhaust used and the idiot who had them tightened the flanges too much and they bent. I straighten them out but they are weak now and cant hold the 20lb of torque required and keep bending. Along with the new flanges I will be replacing the gaskets also.
Let me know if the flanges might interest you also so I can tell the guy to give you a call and make 8 of them. This way it would be cheaper for both of us. That is if you have my same problem.

·
R64LIFE
283 Posts
Are you talking about the threaded studs that are on the head...and they are bent? Ya i guess replace them if there bent.

·
My R6 eats Wheaties.
122 Posts
the akrapovic is wierd to how you fix the flanges then just push the headers into them and the springs hold the headers to the flanges, where the arata was like the standard exhuast with the flanges swaged on
My Arrow header is the same. I used Permatex Ultra Copper sealant to seal the joints, allow to dry for 24 hours then it'll be a nice tight seal (don't start he bike before it dries otherwise it'll all blow out). Got new gaskets as well. The springs are tight enough though to pull those pipes right flush, so the Ultra Copper was probably overkill, but I like knowing its there.

You should be able to just put your hand around that area when the bikes running to see if there are leaks if you are concerned about that.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
If you re-used the stock gaskets, more than likely you need to get some new ones...Id start there...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts